It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:55 pm
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 9   [ 135 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: MM3 dialogue
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:47 pm 
Mega
Mega

Fellows. I think TRC said he wanted Megas to post more, so I thought I'd jump in and start a convo on the MM3 record. We played a couple new tracks at MAGX. Whaddya think. Questions, comments, suggestions for the MM3 record? Go.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:16 pm 
Musician Extraordinaire

From what I've heard it's all fantastic. But I feel your style has matured since the last record.
I feel the arrangements are very liberal in ways, the Breakman song (while being one of my new favourites) seemed incredibly liberal in terms of using the source material.

Now, this may all just be me packing a wobbly because I've been hanging out on OC Remix for a while, but I kinda really liked the whole "WE'LL USE 90% SOURCE MATERIAL AND THEN ADD 10% NEW"

I'm talking outside of vocals of course however. Those go without question to the top of the awesome spectrum.

Also, if there is no Wily Castle Map theme I will die of heart failure.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:32 pm 
Sniper Joe
Sniper Joe

Are you willing to disclose any information about the Doc Robots and if they will be making an appearance in the album?

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:44 pm 
Mega
Mega

@tubers Thanks! Glad you're digging the tunes. For songs like Weapon Get we're working with 15 seconds of song and turning it into 3+minutes. So there may seem to be more liberties taken on those. However, the only parts that are totally original on that song are the break and the second half of the chorus. The original melody and bass line is constant through out. Also, the styles of the songs will vary. There are some songs that are definitely close to the source material.

And the Wily castle intro is planned so don't fret

@monkey No plans have been made yet to incorporate the Doc Robots. Sorry. It's difficult with the amount of characters and scope of the story to cover everything. A doc robot mention was originally planned for Hardman but it seemed sort of shoe-horned in there so it was scrapped for something awesome. But who knows? the albums not finished. They could make it in.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:12 pm 
Mettaur
Mettaur

Hey, Josh.
First off, I was that guy last year that commented on your guitar tone being not the best. This year, though... wow! The guitar, especially on Fly on a Dog... there's just no way there could be a better fit.

Personally, I love all the new songs, it seems that they keep getting better and better. Breakman is awesome, and I love the intro to History Repeating, so much. It's probably the best thing ever.

I can't wait for the album, and just want to say that you guys are doing a kickass job. Keep doing what you do.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:12 pm 
Mettaur
Mettaur

Hey Josh. Loving the current line up of songs. History repeating and Breakman are damn fantastic. I want to watch you die is fricking awesome aswell.

I love that we still havnt heard, Needle/Hard/Gemini/Magnet at all yet

Hope my questions arn't too greedy , they can all be answered yes/no :)

1. Is the full protoman end theme in?

2. Did you keep"Dont fuck with magnet man" in the final Magnet man song.

3.Will Cutman/Gutsman Ever get a theme.
(My mega man playlist goes through all the games it has a few other bands but still misses them two songs. The current cut man song I have from Ocremix hasn't got amazing vocals/lyrics :(

4.Have you heard the NESkimos cover of wily part 1. Its years old (Its currently on my Megaman Playlist before I want to be the one to watch you die)Its awesome as its bleak as hell. Will your rendition be bleak or optimistic?

Thanks if any of these get answered !!!

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:29 pm 
Reploid
Reploid

I haven't been watching the magfest videos so the only songs I've heard are Top Man, Fly on a Dog, and I Want To Be The One To Watch You Die (although I don't remember how that one sounds since I haven't heard it in forever). And Spark Man, obviously.

So two questions:

1. Will this album be sicknasty?
2. Are you guys purposely picking the worst song titles imaginable?

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:45 pm 
Robocop
Robocop

breeding wrote:
Hardman

Hard Man?

Also I like that the band members are open to questions now. This is awesome.

Quote:
3.Will Cutman/Gutsman Ever get a theme.

Yeah. Entertainment System is going to finish 4 more songs from their Megatainment EP and would be performing it at Bit Gen 6, or at least that's what I heard.

I'm not letting this go this is some grade-A bullshit you are trying to pull here motherfucker.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:47 pm 
Sniper Joe
Sniper Joe

Haha yeah Josh, I do like you guys posting <3 so thanks

I've listened to "I'm Not the Breakman" maybe 40 times already. It's easily the song I'm most in love with at the moment. The lyrical choices I can hear in this quality or just superb and I cannot WAIT for a studio version of this. Definitely in the running to become my Quickman of this album. To be honest I never thought that much of Protoman, had no emotional attachment really, but then, just like with several of your songs from Get Equipped, I found myself really entranced by Protoman and the story as seen through The Megas. Really amazing, that.

Fly on a Dog is really cool, love the whole Mega Man / Dr. Light conflict there, it is a great story element that you guys came up with. It just sounds so good musically too, listened to it almost as much as Breakman at this point. Also the way you introduced it was hilarious.

Snakeman I had trouble understanding most of due to the recording quality, but I love the aspect of Snake trying to bring Mega Man to their side. "Just walk away from Light..." Do you guys have an idea of what this track's title will be?

Topman sounds like a really fun track, this album's Metal Dance for obvious reasons. I bet album quality will be amazing musically. I again have lyric trouble cause of the recordings but I do like the way it sounds. Does he say "I've hit the top" before saying "Can't stop the top?"

History Repeating / One Last Time is still fantastic and I remember at BitGen, I was surprised that I already knew most of the words singing along with you guys, just because of youtube videos of the song I'd seen already! Really a instant classic with a fantastic energy behind it.

One to Watch You Die has always been an interesting song to me. The name choice is amazing, and the source song was always one of my favorites and I love the way you guys played it here and at BitGen.

As others have said it's obvious you guys are becoming even greater than you were during Get Equipped, and that itself is a very difficult thought to imagine because of how good you guys were then!

edit : should be a bonus forum song called Don't Fuck with Tourball

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:06 pm 
Burgermeister

Jay C wrote:
Yeah. Entertainment System is going to finish 4 more songs from their Megatainment EP and would be performing it at Bit Gen 6, or at least that's what I heard.

I heard about that. Now Megas, what I was wondering, is it only Entertainment System who is finishing the album, or are you gents going to be assisting with the completion of the album?

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:28 pm 
Dopemaster Smokeabitch

Any plans for the boss fight themes this time around?

Also how about a don't fuck with magnet man bonus track on the CD?

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:30 pm 
Mettaur
Mettaur

I've never waited so hard for anything in my whole life, ever.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:43 pm 
Robocop
Robocop

Speed Burner wrote:
I've never waited so hard for anything in my whole life, ever.

I'm not letting this go this is some grade-A bullshit you are trying to pull here motherfucker.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:53 pm 
Mega
Mega

@chickensoup Thanks man. You're comment is actually the reason this year's tone was so much better. And thanks for all the positive feedback.

@toomuchcoffeeman Thanks for the positive comments.
1. Yes. Though it's still only in rough demo form.
2. No. Don't fuck with Magnetman is out. Don't MESS with Magnetman is in.
3. and JayC answered this one.

@johnny america
1. NO. this album will be sicknastyRAD
2. No. It's completely unintentional.

@JayC Hardman

@TRC Thanks a lot for the feedback. Glad you're digging the stuff. The Snakeman song actually doesn't have a title yet. So far every Robot Master song has a title with either their name or their power (i.e. Sparked a War, Harder than steel, etc) but nothing comes to mind with Snakeman. We were thinking Walk Away From Light, but that title doesn't really tell you that you're about to listen to Snakeman. Suggestions are welcome.

And yes, in Can't Stop the Top those lyrics are correct.

@Comm We are only assisting in the lyrical end of things. ES is doing all of the instrumentation. I believe Rex is in charge of all the arrangements.

@jigger YES. There's a Wily Boss song in the works.
DFWMag won't be on the CD. Maybe a forum exclusive??

@speed burner WAIT HARDER

And thanks again for all the positive feedback guys. This project is definitely a labor of love so hearing that you guys like the stuff is really THE driving factor for this album.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:01 pm 
Mettaur
Mettaur

Thanks for the answers.

Josh I was wondering if Yellow Devil ever got considered for a boss theme? That douche still is extremely hard for me to beat :(

Also We really need to get on with the snake puns / suggestions. All I can go on is the deception angle:

Snake Charmer?
Make's sense as he's trying to charm rock, Not as good as..

He speaks with a forked tongue?
Its a awesome saying, In many mythologies a demon/devil is portrayed to have a forked tongue, and more likely to lie than tell the truth.Also the Chinese Zodiac snake tells big lies. Fits Snakeman as he is bullshitting to Rock.

Anyone else got ideas?

OfflineProfile
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 9   [ 135 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next