It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:08 pm
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 47 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:12 pm 
Mettaur
Mettaur

For those of you who got the album early. Let us go through all the angles and produce theories. I saw seperate songs but i felt we needed the album as a whole

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:16 pm 
Mettaur
Mettaur

Proto Man is actually a cat in disguise.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:21 pm 
Scrap Metal

When it comes to Needle Man, I do love the idea that he was built from Air Man, which is why there are references and what seems to be an inner battle for him, but can we also think about how he was apparently built with Metal Man's combat programming?

Also, Gemini Man clearly has two separate personalities, one of which could possibly be the one who rats him out. Could he possibly have been built with an older robot master's personality/parts as well? For example, "I forget my name, so I'm taking yours." Maybe his other personality remembers what Mega Man did and wants to get his revenge by luring Mega Man to them via "ratting" himself out. He can't remember who he actually was, only what has happened to him before his untimely death, so he tries to "take out" the actual Gemini Man so he can fight and get revenge on Mega Man himself.

Edit: He also possibly doesn't kill himself, but his OTHER self, in reference to his power. Perhaps his mirror image is the one with the other personality.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:28 pm 
Yellow Devil
Yellow Devil

Roll was the one who locked the door on Gemini Man.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:44 pm 
Telly
Telly

I still attest my multiple personalities theory, since wily does make them go nuts.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:00 pm 
Telly
Telly

To aid my theory I want to take shadow man to the list of the one suffers from it.
But in this case, he is aware his original programming is dying, yet he accepts it, maybe is he way of being liberated. Of appreciating the fact that he has no conscience anymore. Perhaps being the "weird" Robot Master of the gang was killing him inside, and with no free will or conscience, he doesn't have to carry it's knowledge anymore.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:27 pm 
Scrap Metal

I like how the four Robot Masters of this album all have songs themed around a different crisis of identity. Hard Man is trying to reclaim his old identity of a champion, both one of the Gemini Men and Shadow Man are losing theirs (with the Gemini Man just taking GeminEye's persona whereas Shadow is aware of it happening but has no way to stop it.), and finally Needle Man being conflicted over his monstrous body not fitting who he is inside. It's pretty great, since Proto is such a focus on the album and he's also having an identity crisis (though his is more about being disposable/replaced).

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:40 pm 
Mettaur
Mettaur

Shadow man he knows his original coding is being enveloped in the shadow of wily's new one. Hes afraid of himself of losing himself. HE'S afraid of the dark.
Needle man seems like he was airman and at certain points hs needle man identity is battleing air man for supremacy
Geminiman has become so bored he developed a split personalitt and created a seperate world where one gemini is a detective and the other is in need of help
Hard man hes an old boxer who has a weapon megaman needs personaly megaman dosnt want to hurt hardman but he wont give him the gloves with out him winning them.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:43 pm 
Mettaur
Mettaur

And in melody from the past protoman tells nega man not to hate light for ordering him to kill wily. Protoman realized that man is flawed. Also dr. Lights description sounds alot like the protomen.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:30 pm 
Wily Machine
Wily Machine

Also, I think this is important.

The only songs in this album, for the first time EVER IN MEGAS HISTORY

Are entirely robots. No humans involved. Proto, Gamma, and Mega all settle it themselves. That's pretty cool

3. Do not try to fit parts of your body in the hole of your Compact Disc.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:04 am 
Mettaur
Mettaur

Also, the whole identity crisis theme that runs throughout not only mirrors what's happening with Proto but what's been happening with Mega throughout all of Blue and Red, with how he's not sure if he's just another machine or something else.

Deep stuff Megas. Kudos to you.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:30 am 
Sniper Joe
Sniper Joe

Hero of Lime Forums wrote:
To aid my theory I want to take shadow man to the list of the one suffers from it.
But in this case, he is aware his original programming is dying, yet he accepts it, maybe is he way of being liberated. Of appreciating the fact that he has no conscience anymore. Perhaps being the "weird" Robot Master of the gang was killing him inside, and with no free will or conscience, he doesn't have to carry it's knowledge anymore.

Shadow Man was always a weeaboo, and then he was being consumed by a Ninja App and was all like "ERMAGHERD SEPPUKU"

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:17 am 
Spare Nuts and Bolts

Overall I really like the album but I am a bit disappointed there is no "Doc Robot" song. I think it would have been cool to have a call back to all 8 Robot masters from Mega Man 2 since they do "appear" in 3.

It could have been a medley of the robot masters songs from Get Equipped using the Boss fight theme to tie them together and Wily talking about how he is bringing the dead back to to defeat Mega Man and give his previous Robots a chance for revenge. Not having something like that on there seams like a missed opportunity.

Alas it was not to be maybe something like that will pop up on a single album or as a download.

Last edited by dragonsama on Wed May 14, 2014 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:27 pm 
Telly
Telly

I think Harder Than Steel can also have a dual personality (The beginning until the first chorus) then on the other part coach is Wily, knowing that Hardman fell for the new programming; or Proto, Supporting him to take down his brother.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:29 pm 
BUFF McWhalen

Helios wrote:
Also, I think this is important.

The only songs in this album, for the first time EVER IN MEGAS HISTORY

Are entirely robots. No humans involved. Proto, Gamma, and Mega all settle it themselves. That's pretty cool

Not if you included the original Get Equipped before the Message was added on ;)

OfflineProfile
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 47 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next