It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:24 pm
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:06 am 
Robot Master
Robot Master

To our boys in blue:

Hey! Haven't been here in ages, but Manny--CommBA--and I went to the "Decade Get" show last night and it was a total blast.

You guys greeted us like old friends and gave us a hell of a show last night. It was wild, feeling that old excitement and nostalgia; meanwhile the girl that hung around us all night was new to your show and super fangirling. It reminded me of that first Nerdapalooza show I went to with friends, all dressed in shitty Robot Master costumes.

I busted out my 10-year-old helmet and scarf and people came up to me after the show about it, raving about how cool it was and asking how I made it. I forgot how cool a group of nerds can be about that kind of thing. And I finally got Brian's John Hancock on it, in a nice shiny blue. But jumping around, singing the songs I knew all the words to from the entire album (I'm actually best at Eric's/Greg's parts, Manny sings Josh's anytime we put on any Megas albums) was just such a great experience.

It just got me thinking. You guys have been there for ten years of my life. Whether in person at a show or just hanging out, or on my playlists just listening to music while I draw, or in Manny's car on a long drive where we just sing loud with the windows open. You were there while I grew up, from a minorly annoying fangirl teenager, staying up late making costumes and hoping the paint was dry enough hours before wearing it to Nerdapalooza, to a nearly 30-year-old adult, living happily with a guy I met because we were both fans of yours and met on this very forum. Now he's my best friend and someone I love more than I can wrap my head around, sometimes.

I wanted to thank you. You... introduced me to this culture of fans who got together and listened to a bunch of nerds play songs from a video game, and let themselves really get into it. No judgment, lots of smiles and singing and rocking out, and memories that stick with you for a lifetime. Thanks for putting this band together, and playing for us, and being so kind and so close to your fans. Whether you know it or not you've been involved in pieces of our lives and made it way radder.

Here's to ten more years. We love you guys.

-Protobabe

P.S. Manny and I argue frequently about which one of you is hottest. I say Eric but he firmly stands by Greg. We've done this for years and I thought you might get a laugh out of it :)

OfflineProfile
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]