It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:02 pm
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 59 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:31 am 
Yellow Devil
Yellow Devil

DepricatedZero wrote:
man fuck making that wallpaper, I'm gonna order that printed on a case back and replace the back of my phone with it, that is sexy O.O

you drew that Fox? You ok with that?

There are two Foxes guys, and we both draw; this is really confusing.

Anyways, yes, I was the one who drew it, but you should probably ask The Megas before going and creating a phone case with it, since it's their source material.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:52 am 
Sniper Joe
Sniper Joe

I'm just talkin about this

http://www.artscow.com/photo-gifts/sams ... black-1247

also, from now on you're Violet

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:13 pm 
Yellow Devil
Yellow Devil

DepricatedZero wrote:
I'm just talkin about this

http://www.artscow.com/photo-gifts/sams ... black-1247

also, from now on you're Violet

What I mean is, in order to put that on a phone case, you'd have to have the full resolution unwatermarked image, which means there's a chance someone would rip it off and start selling merch of it. I've seen it happen to a lot of my art friends and I would rather it not happen to something intended as free fanart to The Megas.

If you want to use a watermarked one, I think I would be okay with that.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 6:38 pm 
Sniper Joe
Sniper Joe

Ya I totally get that and I would HATE to see something like that happen. I was thinking I'd crop the text (not the signature) out of the one posted here. Of course, I want to do it in a way that both you and the band are comfortable with.

My phone is already ridiculously Mega Man cracked out. First thing I did when I got it was root it and start replacing all the sounds and default images. My signal meter is a health bar, my battery meter is the same but green, like weapon energy. When it starts up it plays the MM2 boss selection music - A Fate Forged in Steel but the original. The load animation is the scroll up the building, which transitions seemlessly to Mega Man standing with his helmet off and is an animated background with his hair blowing. when it shuts off it plays the victory theme and the animation for that is the helmet going on and him teleporting away...haha various other things, like the pen click is a bullet, notification is the power up sound (like when you beat a boss), etc etc...it's awesome. I got a red shock case for it when I bought it but the case made it too big to fit in the mount on my dash so I nixed it. I've wanted to get a new back for it for the longest time but couldn't decide on an image to use, except that I want it to be Proto Man.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:45 pm 
Scrap Metal

sooo... according to the lyrics it seems like Dr. Light gave Proto's original powercore (heart) to Mega (and in Gamma Unchained Wily mentions having to give Proto a new heart)
In the game canon Protoman's original energy core was faulty, so much so that it would eventually cause Protoman to cease functioning
i wonder if Mega has (unknowingly, for better or worse) inherited a faulty heart

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:04 am 
cyberterrorist lord megadeath

Every time I've listened to this I've heard "This thing you call your will I call the blues"

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:11 am 
Yellow Devil
Yellow Devil

The Violet Fox wrote:
Anyways, yes, I was the one who drew it, but you should probably ask The Megas before going and creating a phone case with it, since it's their source material.

Technically the only issue would be Capcom because The Megas don't own Protoman and they're generally pretty quiet about anything fan art/music/film related so.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:14 am 
Yellow Devil
Yellow Devil

CDinkel91 wrote:
The Violet Fox wrote:

Technically the only issue would be Capcom because The Megas don't own Protoman and they're generally pretty quiet about anything fan art/music/film related so.

It was more out of consideration than fear of copyright law. The fanart was for their album. It was inspired by their music. Yes, their music was inspired by Capcom's IP, but it wasn't Capcom's IP that inspired me to draw it; it was Josh's cover art. Besides, the band has already gotten the okay to sell their Megaman-inspired music and related merch (t-shirts, slap bracelets, etc).

So, out of consideration for The Megas as fellow artists, I prefer any derivative work of mine not be used without their permission, especially when it comes to getting it printed on tangible merchandise that someone could turn around and sell. I've too often seen fanart that was intended to be free get ripped off and turned into merchandise that a third party sells for personal gain. Then neither the artist nor the IP holder receive any compensation for it.

To be completely honest, this is why I usually don't draw fanart. Even if I refuse to sell it without written permission, someone else will.

There's also the fact that I still own the rights to the image, regardless of what copyrighted characters are depicted, so if I prefer someone clear it with The Megas first, so be it. It's a very simple request and if it's asking too much, I'll stop providing content altogether.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:35 am 
Yellow Devil
Yellow Devil

The Violet Fox wrote:

There's also the fact that I still own the rights to the image, regardless of what copyrighted characters are depicted, so if I prefer someone clear it with The Megas first, so be it. It's a very simple request and if it's asking too much, I'll stop providing content altogether.

I thought you were concerned about legal issues. I wasn't belittling your work or issues that come up with it, I'm sure stuff gets sold without any credit all the time. Relax, no ones asking you to stop providing content.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:27 am 
Spare Nuts and Bolts

I get a little confused when I listen to this song so perhaps someone can clarify it for me.

To my knowledge in Megaman canon, Protoman was faulty and when he overheard Light talking about how the repair process might erase who he was, he left on his own accord to just die as himself. Then Wily repaired him and he was indebted to him.

In this it sounds like Light was a great deal crueler, "tore my heart from my chest to give to you" "Made you from parts of me", rather than anything being particularly broken (after all if his core 'heart' was faulty why give it to Megaman). So what's actually the deal with Protoman's past and Dr Light with the Megas? He clearly still escaped and was repaired by Wily.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:31 pm 
Telly
Telly

Pierre42 wrote:
I get a little confused when I listen to this song so perhaps someone can clarify it for me.

To my knowledge in Megaman canon, Protoman was faulty and when he overheard Light talking about how the repair process might erase who he was, he left on his own accord to just die as himself. Then Wily repaired him and he was indebted to him.

In this it sounds like Light was a great deal crueler, "tore my heart from my chest to give to you" "Made you from parts of me", rather than anything being particularly broken (after all if his core 'heart' was faulty why give it to Megaman). So what's actually the deal with Protoman's past and Dr Light with the Megas? He clearly still escaped and was repaired by Wily.

there was this theory in a different thread where Protoman was Megaman in Megatainment ,was damaged and used for parts in Megaman from Get Equipped so he would live on in some way. Later, Wily found and repurposed what was left of Protoman for the events of History Reapeating

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:36 am 
Sniper Joe
Sniper Joe

Cobalt.exe wrote:
Every time I've listened to this I've heard "This thing you call your will I call the blues"

I'm not the only one!!! Back when the Magfest X live copies were the only versions of the song, I really and truly thought that was the lyric!

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:03 am 
Yellow Devil
Yellow Devil

I'm not entirely neutral about this song. For starters it's about my favorite Megaman character, Protoman. And the themesong used in here is the MM3 "got weapon" screen, which incidentally is also my favorite music from that game. Then there's the part where MM3 is obviously my favorite game in the MM series. THEN there's the part where a lot of Protoman's inner thoughts reflect nearly exactly the thoughts I gave him in a fanfic I wrote years ago (but sadly never got to finish since I lost the material when my HD died).

it is really, REALLY hard to mess up something that is already pretty close to me (or maybe easier?).

Hands down I think this is just the best song the Megas have written out of all their work, and thats not something I say easily when it comes down to their work in general. But this song... it's just amazing in so many ways. The instrumental buildup, the different styles used in the interludes, the lyrics itself, it's just a fantastic song. If we're talking about "setting the bar high", this song just took it to the skies.

my animated Avatars and Icons. Check it out!

"I believe gay marriage should be between a man and a woman."
- Arnold Schwarzenegger

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:39 am 
nice post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:34 pm 
Ban Jay C

thanks

OfflineProfile
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 59 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next